Monday, April 23, 2007

cheap champagne, scrap paper, and mini-dv's

Well hello, readers.

I've never created a public blog before, but as I was walking around campus this morning it struck me as something useful to do. For the past couple of months I have been blundering about trying to use a video camera for the first time. It is an unfortunate consequence of being a film studies major at a school with very little to offer in the way of film studies that halfway through my junior year of college I am forced to face my inadequacies as a director, d.p., key grip, foley artist, and boom operator. To be frank, I am pretty much incapable of creating anything substantial when I am behind the camera - yet.

But for the past few years I have gotten mired in the depths of film theory, and I figured that has to be good for something. So check in, if you will, to hear what I have to say about cinema. None of it is professional, I assure you, but this will be a way for me to discuss movies I see without feeling completely foolish. Please recommend films for me to see, as I am always looking to procrastinate.

~Kat

4 comments:

Mike! said...

Subscribed! Good luck 8)
-Fireball

Mike! said...

Subscribed! Good luck 8)
-Fireball

Kat said...

Thanks for your support! *handshake*

prspad said...

When I go igognito, I slip into my "Jar-Jar Binks" character... Okay,I'm there... "Ooh moi moi I love you! Me-sa, luv-sa you Blog. Even Gungans maybe like? You my hero-girl!"