Thursday, February 7, 2008

slackers, the blog

Once again, I have been terribly lax in my upkeep of this blog. I had all these notes of things I wanted to update it with after I got back from Australia, then life imploded at me. You know how it goes: semester starts up, I immediately have to travel across the country for a funeral, I start a new job, and I get some sort of cold/flu/whatever all in one month. Thus are my myriad reasons for having been a slacker. Luckily, I'm feeling a little better, I'm loving my job, school's going pretty well, and the funeral went as well as it possibly could have.

In school - MY LAST SEMESTER OF COLLEGE OH JEEZ - I'm taking 19th Century Russian Novel, Religion and Film, and Elementary Astronomy. Still getting into the swing of the semester, but the classes seem to be the right workload for my exponentially growing senioritis. As far as my good ol' career is concerned, I'm interning two days a week at Universal Pictures Production/Development. This, of course, means that I am finding all these cool scripts and rumors around the office, and can't say anything about them on my blog. NBCU seems to be a pretty great company to intern at (HIRE ME), and they are pretty hands-on when it comes to career counseling and stuff like that. HIRE MEEEEE

Of course, I have my fingers crossed that the buzz is all right about the writers' strike ending soon, as it is officially the worst time EVER to be looking for a job in Hollywood. I've promised my friends a party the minute Patric Verrone makes it official.

As far as blogging, I've read about half of Marjane Satrapi's Persepolis, and loved it, so I can't wait to see the movie. I'm also hoping to see There Will Be Blood sooner rather than later. I know there are other films I've seen recently - did I ever write about Atonement? - well, I'll have to catch up (on homework and blogging) this weekend sometime. Ta!

No comments: