Friday, July 13, 2007

updaaaate

So, after having come back to work directly after an exhausting cross-country long-weekend, I am now in full busy-planning mode for this weekend. It's my birfday on Sunday, and so I am incredibly busy getting everything figured out. Sorry I haven't devoted much time to the blog lately, but I thought I could get a little overview of things to come here:

-OUTFEST: I may be going to see the documentary The Believers at LA's Outfest this week - I'll let you know what I think, as it's made by an alumna of my school, and I'm always looking to give some support!

-COMIC CON 2007: That's right! I'm only going for Friday and Saturday, but it's going to be amazing. I've been waiting for this my whole life. As a first-timer (I went once as a little kid to meet Lt. Diana Troy from Star Trek: TNG, but that barely counts), I will not be dressing up or anything like that. But rest assured, I will be constantly taking photos, and jotting down notes about every event I attend!

-TRALIERS: I really want to get back into posting trailers! For now, just watch "Fido." It looks awesome.

-FALL SEASON ANTICIPATION: In which I judge upcoming TV shows without knowing anything about them. Expect it to turn into a profanity-laden rant about the goddamn Cavemen.

-HARRY POTTER: Okay, so I probably won't even see the fifth movie until it's on DVD, because I honestly don't care enough about the movies, and Daniel Radcliffe pisses me off. But I will be cloistering myself next weekend to read the final book in the series, and I can't wait to write out a retrospective about this series I began reading when I was 11 - the same age as Harry is in the first book! Sidenote: Emma Watson is a stone cold fox, and I have just got to put out there that - baby girl, if you are ever looking to crash with some cool people in LA...call me.

Yeah...there's other stuff, I'm sure, but I just wanted to check in. I saw Blades of Glory on the airplane, and it was a lot better than I thought it'd be. I was expecting Anchorman levels of stupidity, but Will Arnett, Amy Poehler, and Jenna Fischer kept me from being disappointed!

No comments: