Monday, August 10, 2009

Where everybody knows your name...

Apologies are not enough to excuse my protracted absence from posting here. Blogging as Kat Ex Machina has been a very fun and rewarding activity for me over the past couple of years, and I have no answers as to why I stopped. I was doing traveling, going on job interviews, and kind of settling into a bit of a "real life" now that the post-college gap year has come and gone. I'mLink sure my lull in posting has been more of a disservice to myself than any of my reader(s) -- Hi, Dad! -- but I am going to be making a concerted effort to get back in the habit.

This comes at a time when I'm settled into my new job of two months, and I'm trying to start up again with my writing. Those who know me personally know I have worked on screenplays in the past, and hit a particularly brutal patch of writer's block while on walkabout in Sydney last year. I have picked up the metaphorical pen again, this time with a novel. I don't want to discuss it too much just yet, as it's in the very beginning stages, but it feels good to write again. And writing anything aids in prolificness, so I think the more I blog here, the more my creative juices will be flowing and I'll stick to working on my novel a bit every day.

So here we go again. I am back working in development at a major studio, so I promise to be as "insider" as I can be without spilling any beans I shouldn't. This mostly means I'll just up the self-important tone of my blogs. For the most part, I'm going back to my old format. Movie reviews, TV reviews, and various pop culture discussions pertaining to entertainment. I've changed the template of the blog, and am going to try a few new things to bring a fresh vibe to the place, and hopefully I'll be in a strong stride by the time the fall shows premiere.

Thanks for reading, and tell your friends!

No comments: