Monday, October 11, 2010

It's trailer time!

Red, October 15

Silly action movie with Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, and John Malkovich.  This is like, the thinking man's The Expendables or some such.  I don't know.

127 Hours, November 5

One of my high school teachers used to date Aron Ralston, the crazy guy who went hiking alone and got trapped by a boulder, only to be freed after he sawed through his elbow using the cheap multi-use knife that came with his flashlight.  Perfect casting with James Franco, and kind of excited to see the direction this story will take with Danny Boyle at the helm instead of someone like Sean Penn.

Black Swan, December 3

While I am on board for a Darren Aronofsky ballet movie starring Natalie Portman, the trailer for this is so weird that I have no idea what to expect, but I know I'll be watching.

The Tempest, December 10

Helen Mirren as Prospera in an adaptation of one of Shakespeare's weirder plays (if you ask me), directed by Julie Taymor with all the flourishes she brought to Across the Universe.  I loved The Tempest for how creepy it was (in high school we read it with John Fowles' The Collector - good idea), and Helen Mirren is automatically awesome.

True Grit, December 25

I shouldn't have to tell you why this looks awesome.

No comments: